Welcome to Rachel's Sweets and Treats!

100% homemade treats from scratch! No box mixes, bag mixes, or anything from a can, and I love to test out new ingredients and recipes!

Any suggestions, comments, or requests?
email me! rachellovesbaking@gmail.com

Search for a treat!

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Update #2! Cookies, Muffins, and Homemade Nutella!

Hello again!
This is update #2 of my spring break baking adventures!

Midweek, I made these cookies!

They are soft toffee cookies with milk chocolate chips. I hadn't made anything with toffee in awhile, but let me tell you, these were addicting!! Brought some into work and froze the rest for when my roomies come back from break!

Later in the week, I had even more overripe bananas, and I had just made those 3 mini banana breads! So, I decided to make Chocolate Banana Muffins. They are 100% Whole Wheat, and have applesauce in place of the oil. The only fat comes from the cocoa powder. They are yummmmy!
155 calories per muffin too, in case anyone was curious (I did the math)!

Lastly, I made Chocolate Hazelnut Spread, aka homemade nutella!! Now, I am not someone that really buys nutella, and I don't love it as much as some people do, but I had bought hazelnuts and never used them, and I wanted something chocolaty to go with the other two mini banana breads (from update #1). This worked out perfectly!! Not quite as smooth as the stuff you'd buy at the store, but the chocolate-hazelnut-iness is tastttyyyy! Definitely a good topper for the banana bread, and lots of other things! My favorite is to eat it with pretzels-- salty-sweet, right?!
Now break is over and it's time to shift back to classes! Baking will continue of course, just not quite as much as this week! :)
Have a wonderful week!
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment