Welcome to Rachel's Sweets and Treats!

100% homemade treats from scratch! No box mixes, bag mixes, or anything from a can, and I love to test out new ingredients and recipes!

Any suggestions, comments, or requests?
email me! rachellovesbaking@gmail.com

Search for a treat!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Salty Pretzel Peanut Butter Oreo Dark Chocolate Brownies...oh yes, I did!

Dark Chocolate Brownies with a Thick Peanut Butter Oreo Swirl and a Salty Pretzel Crust
Am I serious? Well...
Yes, yes I am!
When people ask me what my favorite thing is to make, I always say brownies. Why? Because they are my favorite thing to eat! I am a self-proclaimed chocoholic, and my favorite flavor combination is chocolate and peanut butter. I've made a lot of different versions of brownies, but one thing they all have in common is that they are chocolatey and fudgy. These are my favorite so far.
I started with a salty crust, made from pretzels, some sugar, and butter.
Then, I made the peanut butter oreo batter, and the dark chocolate brownie batter.
Layer them on the crust
(pour in half the brownie batter, then dollop the peanut butter oreo batter on top and spread with a knife, then the rest of the brownie batter, and finally the last of the peanut butter mixture).
Spread and swirl with the tip of a knife, and pop in the oven!

Voila!
These are some super-thick brownies. They took almost an hour in the oven, but for real, they are SO worth it!! Probably my favorite baked good to date, and loved among my friends and co-workers who had them!

It's the perfect salty-sweet treat! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment