Welcome to Rachel's Sweets and Treats!

100% homemade treats from scratch! No box mixes, bag mixes, or anything from a can, and I love to test out new ingredients and recipes!

Any suggestions, comments, or requests?
email me! rachellovesbaking@gmail.com

Search for a treat!

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving!
What a perrrfect time for togetherness & baking! My annual Thanksgiving signature: Apple Pie.
Tried making a new recipe this time and it was DELISH! The key was turning the brown sugar mixture into a sauce, essentially a caramel sauce, and mixing it in with the apples. Then, after arranging the lattice top-crust, I poured more of the sauce over the top. Yummm. Perfectly sweet and amazing topped with vanilla ice cream (or frozen yogurt). No leftovers, which was sad, but at least that means it was enjoyed by my loving family! :)



On Friday I made these peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, in the spirit of giving of course, for my two brothers to bring back to college with them! I brought some back to DC with me for my roommates too!


Next post: December!! Christmas cookies here I come!


No comments:

Post a Comment