Welcome to Rachel's Sweets and Treats!

100% homemade treats from scratch! No box mixes, bag mixes, or anything from a can, and I love to test out new ingredients and recipes!

Any suggestions, comments, or requests?
email me! rachellovesbaking@gmail.com

Search for a treat!

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Finals time = early Christmas baking!

I LOVE the Holiday season!
Family, Friends, Relaxation, and Christmas baking!!

I'll do more baking closer to Christmas of course, but finals time at college = festive baking! I finished my finals early and was able to make bake for my roommates, sorority, and friends who were still here! Nothing better than a treat while studying!

First I made Red Velvet Cupcakes! Moist cake with creamy cream cheese frosting, topped off with Christmas sprinkles!


Then I decided to make up a basket of goodies to bring to my sorority's house. Peanut butter cookies with Hershey's kisses is one of my favorite Christmas cookies of all time and are always a hit! Then I made soft chocolate cookies with crushed up peppermint Oreo-type cookies in them. Finished it off with little pretzel-chocolate-m&m bites.
After putting it in the kitchen, the basket was empty in less than an hour.
YUM!


Finally, before leaving to go home for the winter break, I made banana pumpkin bread. Fat-free, whole wheat, reduced sugar, moist, and delicious!

Happy Holidays!! More Christmas baking to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment