Welcome to Rachel's Sweets and Treats!

100% homemade treats from scratch! No box mixes, bag mixes, or anything from a can, and I love to test out new ingredients and recipes!

Any suggestions, comments, or requests?
email me! rachellovesbaking@gmail.com

Search for a treat!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Healthier Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

I've made my traditional banana bread recipe many, many times, and usually keep it pretty much the same. However, I decided it's time to try to make some of my baking a little healthier. So, rather than make the chocolate chip banana bread I usually make, I made a few modifications: Whole wheat flour instead off all-purpose flour, and extra banana & a little applesauce to replace the butter (this might sound weird if you've never heard of it, but in baking applesauce is a common health substitute for butter). Now, to really make it "healthy," the chocolate chips should probably be omitted, but I'm all about balance, and of course, all about chocolate. It tasted DELICIOUS-- even more moist than the original, and wonderful texture. I think I will make it this way from now on! perfect.





No comments:

Post a Comment