Welcome to Rachel's Sweets and Treats!

100% homemade treats from scratch! No box mixes, bag mixes, or anything from a can, and I love to test out new ingredients and recipes!

Any suggestions, comments, or requests?
email me! rachellovesbaking@gmail.com

Search for a treat!

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Good Ol' Chocolate Chip Cookies!

When I ask people what their favorite kind of cookie is, I'd say at least 8 times out of 10, the answer is chocolate chip. It's a classic. It has chocolate. and it is the perfect sweet treat!!

I like to mix things up a little bit and make things that aren't exactly what is to be expected. So, when I made these chocolate chip cookies, I made them with 100% Whole Wheat flour!! The results?? DELICIOUS! No one had any idea they were whole wheat. Packed full of semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips, these babies are high in fiber and whole grains too!
Recipe? You bet!

Rachel's Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
3 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
3 T milk
2 tsp vanilla
1 12-oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 11-oz bag milk chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, baking soda, and salt.
In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars with electric mixer until well combined and fluffy. Add in the 2 eggs, milk, and vanilla. Beat until mixed. Then, add in the flour mixture and the chocolate chips (I put them in at the same time). Mix with the mixer just until combined, or fold in by hand.

Scoop onto baking sheet (I always line with parchment paper. and I used a small-sized cookie scoop). Bake 7-9 minutes or until just starting to brown around the edges.
Let cool on baking sheet for about 2 minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool completely.

SO GOOD warm out of the oven!! Also delish with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or fro yo!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment